Menu
gascar
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam handling not working at all.

I get most of my emails in Inbox, but a load in the spam folder.

EG, about half the ones from ebay.co.uk go in there.

I can see no way to stop it.
I can see no effective way to set "Not Spam" fro an address.

I get the same junk everyone else does which Virgin seems incapable of stopping.  I have to delete a dozen or three emails a day which are obviously junk.

Filters don't help much so I've disabled them all.

Blacklisting is a waste of time - the list is full and spammers use a different address every time.

Why is everything to do with Virgin, crap? Even the "Reset your password" screens are ambiguous, unhelpful, full of junk and give stupid messages ("token expired" eh??). They do nothing for ages...

My GMAIL accounts have never had these problems.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam handling not working at all.

Hi Gascar, 

Thanks for your post, I am so sorry to hear this, I know it can be frustrating we are advising

the spam emails could also be reported to Norton and McAfee’s individual reporting systems so that they can investigate further.

They can also be sent to our team’s phishing abuse@virginmedia.com with full email headers so we can continue to report them as spam.

The following link contains more information on VM Phishing - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/what-is-phishing 

Zoie

0 Kudos
gascar
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou but I'm more concerned about the emails I'm "losing" to the spam folder which shouldn't be going there.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about this, I would suggest manually moving them and then the inbox should then replicate

Zoie

0 Kudos