Menu
jacquildavies
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Setting up ntlworld email on iPad

Good afternoon!

I am trying to set up an email account on my Mum’s iPad 4. This email works well on her laptop. I know from past experience that it can be rather convoluted and I’ve found many websites telling me what I have to do but nothing will work! I’ve put in the correct information - IMAP and SMTP details as well as checking SSL and the correct Port numbers. I’ve even put the slightly different details from my own iPad but this didn’t work either. (I’m not sure how my email works with the port numbers, IMAP and SMTP being different! (But I’m not changing them!)

I’m totally flummoxed so I’d be very pleased if someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up ntlworld email on iPad

Is what you did similar to the process documented here, How do I update my Virgin Media Mail settings on an iOS device?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jacquildavies
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes! I tried it yesterday but deleted my Mum’s email account which I tried to set up on my iPad And it worked! Just take each step and you should have success. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good to read that you managed to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos