cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting emailup on new phone ntlaccount

BobLovett
Joining in

Hi

Im struggling to load my ntlworld email onto new phone  it keeps saying check rmail settings on the web.

I know name and password are correct as still working on my laptop etc.

Any thoughts welcomed. VM csll centre is no help!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BobLovett,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your email address, are you a current, I can see on the system that you have spoken to the team about this, have they been able to resolve your mailbox issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirm recommended setting for email client are set::

Incoming (either IMAP or POP3)

Account typeIMAP POP3
Usernamerichard.branson@virginmedia.com richard.branson@virginmedia.com
Server port993 995
AuthenticationPassword Password
SSL/TLSYes Yes
Server hostimap.virginmedia.com pop3.virginmedia.com

Outgoing (SMTP)

Account typeSMTP
Usernamerichard.branson@virginmedia.com
Server port465
AuthenticationPassword
SSL/TLSYes
Server hostsmtp.virginmedia.com

Also see How do I set up my Virgin Media email on a device section here How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BobLovett,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your email address, are you a current, I can see on the system that you have spoken to the team about this, have they been able to resolve your mailbox issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

Our password corrupted.

Team in Cape Town reset and tweaked the account - which would not allow me to reset it for some reason.

Nadine was excellent by the way.

Cheers

Bob

Hi BobLovett,

Thank you for the update, glad to hear you were able to get the needed help, if you have any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.