Menu
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Secondary email account has not worked all day

My secondary ntlworld email account hasn't worked all day, although my primary account is fine. On webmail we cannot log in and get the message this mailbox is currently unavailable. Call 150 for help.

I have spoken to an advisor who reset the password (which I had already done at least 5 times) and told me to wait a couple of hours. Well its now 4 hours and its still not working. This account is my wife's account and it has all of our grocery confirmations, receipts, insurance details, tickets for trips and future events etc and is hence critical for us. 

I suspect VM carried out an upgrade to the email platform overnight but forgot to plan for the secondary accounts in the project planning. 

Can someone confirm if they are also having a problem and if anyone from VM is reading please let me know there will be a solution soon!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary email account has not worked all day

Replying as forgot to tick box to email me when someone replies, so please reply to this post so I get an email

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Dave61  The most common cause of this is where the VM security team have locked the account due to unusual activity.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so. They are likely to send you a private message to clear account security, but will post here to inform you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

One or 2 days really isn't going to cut it Graham as there are critical emails which need dealing with urgently. The assistant earlier today said he was resetting the account as it had unusual activity so that stage should be done with now

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was quoting the current normal staff response times for this part of the community, where the primary source of help is from other community members.

A few of us with the VM assigned status of VIP are able to escalate issues to the priority queue, which I did before my last post.  The staff will now be offline until the morning, but I would hope that they respond in the morning.

If the telephone staff have already reset the account you will need to change the password before the account is fully active again.

Edit to add.  VM would have posted an update if any changes had been made to the VM Mail setup that required action from account holders.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you also need to make sure you are backing up your email.
As per the T&C vm are not responsible for backing up or any loss of data in the email.

you should NEVER just use email as a primary place to story importent data
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave61

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your secondary email account, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I would be happy to assist in getting this resolved but before we proceed, can you please confirm if you have reset the password following reset completed by the adviser? If so, did this resolve the issue? 

If not, do please let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The information was backed up on the IOS device, however as this problem appeared I suspected the IOS device was the problem so I reset the account on that, with the expectation that it would then pull through the information from VMs servers. This has worked in the past when email was failing to sync. However, unbeknownst to me, it wasn't the IOS at fault but VM. This means, as a result of VM's fault I have no backup anymore as I wouldn't have reset it if the VM fault hadn't occurred in the first place. We have things we need to follow up on by the weekend, bills to pay etc etc but we don't now have the details.

0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie, Yes, it has been changed numerous times since the advisor reset the account and no, it hasn't solved the problem

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. 

I will need to take a closer look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message now. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon

Nat
0 Kudos