Menu
Jen_Y
Message 61 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMTP Outgoing (Very) Slow

Thank you for your posts on the thread. This is something we've been looking into and believe this is now fixed. 

Can you try a reset to see if the issue is now resolved?

Thanks.

Jen_Y

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sket
Tuning in
Message 62 of 75
Flag for a moderator

I have sent 2 test emails this morning and can happily report that the problem seems to have resolved. Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
ianbudd
Tuning in
Message 63 of 75
Flag for a moderator

I've just done a quick test too and it went immediately. Fingers crossed indeed!

0 Kudos
jonmanning
Tuning in
Message 64 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Three emails sent. All instant sends.  Hurrah!

0 Kudos
cw1ntev
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 75
Flag for a moderator

hurrah me too getting better speeds, I had been seeing increase in SPF failures reported arising from my outgoing mail sent using gmail SMTP while my SPF records say I use VM. Was glad I held off making any changes and the fix arrived. Would have been good to know there was effort trying to solve it by VM as I nearly reconfigured my SPF and gave up on VM SMTP!

0 Kudos
kweibye
Tuning in
Message 66 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Hello, hurrah and thanks to everyone who (at last) got VM to sort this.  I ran a few test emails today and noted that deliveries and receipts  were more or less instant.  I shall keep an eye on it for a few days but it does seem to be resolved.

/ Karl.

0 Kudos
DG21Essex
Tuning in
Message 67 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Positive report from me also,  four emails sent today all went within a couple of seconds.  

Glad it has been solved, just a pity it took so long for VM to acknowledge the problem and pick it up to look for a resolution.  As someone said a formal ticket system for faults would be good.

ianbudd
Tuning in
Message 68 of 75
Flag for a moderator

I just received an email from VM in response to the complaint I made about how long it took to get this resolved, mentioning that the Community Forum should be monitored to see what problems people are having.

The email says, "Please be informed that the VM Community forum is a discussion platform for our customers which is not monitored by any VM staff but you might get bot generated replies from VM."

However, the VM Community Page says, "Here to help, and always happy to do so, these guys work for Virgin Media to keep our forum boards friendly, helpful and welcoming. And they all know their stuff." I think VM needs to get its act together.

Email received todayEmail received todayVM web pageVM web page

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 69 of 75
Flag for a moderator

"VM left-hand, let me introduce you to VM right-hand, I don't believe you two have ever met"

Lisa_CC
Message 70 of 75
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ianbudd ,

I'm sorry you've received that response from our Complaints Team and I can confirm that it is incorrect. We do have Forum Staff members on here who are more than happy to help our members. It does appear however that they may be talking about our Messaging system where a bot is used to transfer customers to the correct Team.

I'll get this fed back to our Complaints Team for training but please continue on here so our Forum Team can help you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos