Menu
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retirement of NTLworld email addresses

Hi @ahmurray,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your mailbox issue. I'm sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us recently.

Can you please try to reset your mailbox password by following the "Forgotten Password" option? Please reset your password to something completely new that you have never used before. Then wait at least 10 minutes before you try accessing your mailbox.

Please give this a try and let us know if this helped. If not, we'll be able to look into this for you further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Davides
Joining in
Message 12 of 31
Flag for a moderator

It is not nonsense as my wife’s email has been cancelled with no notice. Mine still gets forwarded but hers is now inaccessible. 

I was told exactly the same that ntlworld emails had been cancelled and any left would be.

Davides
Joining in
Message 13 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I am now actively looking to leave VM as the only reason I put up with previous problems was the fast broadband and our ntl email addresses.

My wife lost all her emails just over a week ago. VM logged it as a complain when I called and since then I have had a number of identical computer generated emails all saying the same thing and that I should contact the…they cannot call me for some unknown rerason.

When I call I get on the automated loop!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davides,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your wife hasn't been able to access her emails for over a week, there has recently been issues with Emails being unavailable and locked, please have a look here, if this doesn't help I will be happy to look into this for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to start if needed?

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Poor_Dog
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I too have just lost access to an additional NTLWorld email address, on my active virgin media account. I've tried the suggestion to change its password, wait 10 minutes and try again, but to no avail.

VM Customer Services tell me that all their email services are ending (ntlworld, blue yonder, and VM addresses) and that we have to move to another provider.

Is this true?

UPDATE. I have now been able to log in to web mail for the additional account, but still cannot access it through the Mail programs (Mac, iPad, phone)

0 Kudos
ahmurray
Tuning in
Message 16 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????  Did they really tell you that?  VM email addresses being retired too?

It seems like there is a competition on at VM HQ as to who can make up the most outlandish and alarming stuff to tell customers!

I really can't believe that one is true, but still have concerns about the legacy email addresses, please could those who have posted here with access to official sources please provide some reassurances?

Thanks

0 Kudos
paddypaws01
Tuning in
Message 17 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps they have decided to archive the accounts- mine has stopped working and it is used as my main email...

0 Kudos
Poor_Dog
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Two days later mine started to work normally again, and continues to do so.

The two days I spent changing my email address on innumerable accounts was a complete waste of time

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paddypaws01

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Are you getting the mailbox unavailable error? If so, please follow the advice outlined in this thread

If this doesn't help resolve things, please let us know and we'll assist further. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emma157
Joining in
Message 20 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Help! I have lost my ntlworld email, I am not a VM customer but have had my email for years - how do I get it back 

0 Kudos