Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Removing Compromised Email Address

I had an old ntlworld email compromised sometime ago, whilst everything is ok and I had changed the email address and passwords for any related accounts, the address is now just getting spammed with junk and it appears that people keep trying to use it to set up accounts elsewhere that I haven't requested as I sometimes receive email asking to confirm my email address.

So I'd like to request the address be disabled/deleted since I don't use it anymore anyway. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing Compromised Email Address

Hi Chade

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issues. We're more than happy to assist here. Can I confirm, is the email in question your primary email on the account? If so, we're not able to delete it and as such, I'd advise changing your password to a brand new unique one and also running malware scans on your devices.

Please keep me posted if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing Compromised Email Address

Hey John,

Yes the address is the one that originally came with the Ntlworld account when I signed up. Annoying that it can't simply be swapped out and changed to one of the other Ntl or Virgin addresses I've set up since. The email has had the password changed multiple times since the breach of Nexus Mods all those years ago, but obviously the stolen emails and old passwords are still appearing on various lists. Malware isn't an issue.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos