Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rejoined Virgin Media and want to reconnect my old email address

HI i left VM a few years back but my vm email address is still active. I've now rejoined VM and want to connect my account to my email address but the functionality is only to setup a new address. When I try and enter my old it tells me its taken.  i'm hoping VM can do this at the back end. Anyone else been through this successfully?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rejoined Virgin Media and want to reconnect my old email address

This may be possible through a Move and Transfer process.  The Forum Team will be able to advise further.

For the process to work the previous email address needs to be still active but the account it is connected to be disconnected.  In most circumstances the account holder name needs to be the same on both accounts.

If successful the process will wipe out any email addresses already set up on the new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks graham thats really useful and yes all those restrictions are correct.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It will likely take a day or two for the team to reach this, especially given the bank holiday weekend, but they will pick it up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

I am more than happy to look into this for you , thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I will invite you into a private chat, I will send an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.