cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnecting to my Virgin.net account

nmadley
Tuning in

Hello, in moving house, I need to dig out some emails from 2007 which would have been on my virgin.net account. I think it's still active.

Is it possible to reconnect to that account? (I'm not certain I can remember the password, so that may need changing too).

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nmadley, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Unless the email account is attached to an active Virgin Media broadband account then it's possible the address is no longer accessible. We can certainly have a look for you though. 

It is worth noting, should we be able to recover the account for you, it will only be a one time thing and you should use the time to back up anything you may need as if the access is restricted again, we won't be able to activate things again. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this to collect some information and pass data protection. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sololobo
Superstar

Unless your virgin.net email address is correctly associated with your current Virgin Media account and is shown in your My Virgin Media,
or you transferred from Virgin National (the old Virgin ADSL service) to the Virgin Media cable service - taking your legacy email account with you,
or you downloaded and backed up all legacy emails when you moved to the cable service, then I'd suggest that resurrecting a virgin.net email address from 14/15 years ago is highly unlikely to happen.

Virgin Media have been aggressively deleting legacy email addresses, ones not associated with a current broadband account, usually without warning. This is happening with email addresses currently in use, let alone ones from so far back.

I wish you well, but be prepared to be disappointed.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks for the response.

Kath, one of the moderators, has been very helpful so far in resurrecting my connection to the address.

It's just a case of establishing how complete that data is (a lot of spam in there!)

N

@nmadley wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Kath, one of the moderators, has been very helpful so far in resurrecting my connection to the address.

It's just a case of establishing how complete that data is (a lot of spam in there!)

N

It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised when something unexpected happens, and to your benefit.

I'd suggest you back-up all your important emails, or at least forward them to another email address you have access to (although this would mess up all the "received" dates) ASAP.

You never know with VM when access will disappear again.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Any emails would be viewable through webmail. If there are any folders or emails missing then it's worth checking the deleted or trash folder. If they are not there then they will be gone for good I'm afraid. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That's unfortunate. 

I should have transferred the messages much sooner.

On a separate note, I'm getting an error every time I try to sign in to MyVirginMedia using [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] from all devices.

Is my account locked?

N

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi nmadley,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, you advised you weren't able to log into your My Virgin Media account, I haven't been able to locate an active account, do you still have Virgin Media Services?

Regards

Paul.