cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ntlworld email

Click1157
Tuning in

I am having a similar experience. Was told to change my password which I did.

Now my NTL world address and emails have just disappeared.

I can still use the email address using Mac Mail on my apple devises.

8 REPLIES 8

Click1157
Tuning in

Must add that I've always been a Virgin Media customer and was with NTL before that.

See if this can be resolved for a very loyal customer ?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without revealing any personal information can you detail how you were prompted to change password?

In itself a change of password would not result in loss of message or the email account.

Is the same issue observed in webmail?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I was in contact with customer support a few weeks ago regarding the unusual amount of spam and "iffy" looking emails I was receiving. I was worried my account had been compromised. I asked them to investigate. They told me to changed my passwords which I did.  I didn't hear back from them.

I usually only access my email accounts via Mac Mail using either iPhone and iMac.

When logging on to virgin media mail noticed Ntlworld account and all emails had gone.

I managed to restore the account by adding it back as a new account. 

My question is why was NTL removed in the first place, the only thing I changed were passwords as instructed.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Click1157 wrote:

I was in contact with customer support a few weeks ago regarding the unusual amount of spam and "iffy" looking emails I was receiving. I was worried my account had been compromised. I asked them to investigate. They told me to changed my passwords which I did.  I didn't hear back from them.

The change of password then seems to have been precautionary rather than evidence based.

I usually only access my email accounts via Mac Mail using either iPhone and iMac.

When logging on to virgin media mail noticed Ntlworld account and all emails had gone.

I managed to restore the account by adding it back as a new account. 

My question is why was NTL removed in the first place, the only thing I changed were passwords as instructed.

My understanding is:that a change of password would have required it be update in Mail. Was that done and if so were the missing emails visible again?

I am stumped as to why the ntlworld.com email account would be removed by a password change or even how that would be possible; I would expect to see the email account no longer accessible until is password had been updated in the email client.

Hi Click1157, thanks for the message and I am happy to hear that you have been able to get the mail back, was the email not synced? 

Can you confirm what error messages you were getting at the time? ^Chris. 

Sorry to say the problem is back.

Not able to access Ntlworld account again.

Noticed that other people are having the same problems now.

WHAT IS GOING ON ?

Getting following message

"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them"

Can "provider" tell me what Im supposed to do ?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Click1157, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and sorry to see you had issues with accessing your mailbox due to this error.

We'd love to help, the error message seen above is asking to reset your email account password and try re-gaining access by logging in with your new credentials.

Our security team sometimes asks for a password reset if we detect any unusual activity (this keeps your account safe) or if the current password is not 'secure', not to worry though as you only need to create a new password to resolve this.

You may change your password here, please give this a try (follow the 'forgot my password' flow to change to a new one) and let us know how you get on.

We'll be here to help with anything further.

Please, note: in case you're accessing this via an email client software (Outlook etc) you'll need to update the password on this software too so you can restore access after this change.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs