cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VM blocking IP address too many bad emails have been sent

philaustin
On our wavelength

Had the same problem here unfortunately. Been trying to fix it myself for a week, deleting and recreating email acccounts on my Apple devices, trying every option, reading up on server settings, etc.... Got help from one of our community. Very knowledgable guy. I followed the instructions that I received with the error message and completed the form to Virgin, asking to be delisted. How it ever happened in the first place I don't know, but if the reason for being blocked had appeared when I tried to send email instead of just leaving it in my outbox it would have been a lot simpler.

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi philaustin, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had getting an IP address de-listed. We can ensure your feedback regarding this is passed on, but just to confirm - is the problems sorted for you now? Let us know if you need any further assistance at this stage.

Tom 

philaustin
On our wavelength

The problem with my emails has been resolved, thanks.

Not sure about the problem with Virgin's ability to offer help when customers phone them though.

Mayby they need to listen to customers more. Many of us have problems communicating with people with strong accents at call centres halfway around the world, and for a company based on communications systems the quality of sound on their lines is extremely poor. I've heard better sound using two cans and a piece of string!

We need to be able to resolve problems much faster; not have to pfaff around trying to fix them for a week before figuring out the problem isn't with our own devices but with a security issue at Virgin's end. 

I still don't know why 'too many bad emails' stopped my emails from being sent and would like Virgin to explain. If someone has attempted to hack my account I'd like to know who. If Virgin can't tell me that I'd at least like some details so that I can try to prevent the same problem occurring again. 

Hi philaustin, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things are resolved for you now. 

All staff receive the same training and we use the same systems. I'm sorry if your experience this time led to a different conclusion. 

In terms of a security issue, we don't have any further information to be able to give you I'm afraid. 

Apologies once again for any inconvenience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs