cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Retirement of NtlWorld Email Addresses

robkat
Up to speed

Just been told by help desk that NtlWorld & Blueyonder emails are being fazed out. (That was 10 mins ago.)

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@robkat wrote:

Just been told by help desk that NtlWorld & Blueyonder emails are being fazed out. (That was 10 mins ago.)

Ok, but it's not true.

See the definitive statement from the Virgin Media Community Forum Manager @Michael_JK  in the second post on this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Retirement-of-NtlWorld-Email-Addresses/td-p/4826210 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robkat thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

As the link confirms, there are no plans to cease NTLWorld email addresses.  Can I assume that you're an existing Virgin Media customer?

Regards

Lee_R

yes I am. customer. 

Somebody needs to tell customer services the decisions then.

cheers

PeteM7
Tuning in

I agree with you that Customer Services seem to be ill-informed, if it is indeed the case that NtlWorld & Blueyonder emails are not being scrapped.  They told me the same thing when I phoned on Monday as a result of having been denied access to my Blueyonder mailbox since 12th September.  They also claimed that customers had been warned in advance that these email addresses were being discontinued.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @PeteM7

If you are a current customer there isn't any plans to get rid of your email addresses. 

Can you confirm this is the case? Are you still having issues with your email address ?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi, I am indeed a current customer - as I have been for the past 13 years.
The problem I am having is being looked at by Gareth_L in response to a separate post which I made, thank you.
The point I was making here was that if it is not true that legacy accounts are being closed down, then all of the helpdesk staff should be made aware of that, so that they stop giving out false information. There are many posts recently on this forum by longtime users who have suddenly not been able to access their accounts and have been given this explanation by the helpdesk.