cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No access to my virgin.net email account

nicki123456789
Joining in

Hi there,

I think I'm in the same situation as Mike hS and raya52. I've also had a virgin.net account for 20 years when there was no requirement to have broadband with virgin. And since 9pm last night I can't access it and get the same error message. I have never received any warning of this that the email account would close. 

Please could you arrange access to my email account? If Virgin's policy has changed and they no longer allow email addresses without broadband accounts then I can move those emails to a new address but there is some very important correspondence there that I can't afford to lose.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nicki123456789  The original dial up virgin.net emails required regular access via a phone call part of the fee went to Virgin to operate the account.  Subsequently Virgin net were acquired by Ntl Telewest who rebranded as Virgin Media.  In order to continue operating the virgin.net email needs to be tied to a current VM broadband account.  The dial up option was closed years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nicki123456789

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issue. The email would need to be tied to a Virgin Media account. I am not sure if we can do anything if it's not but I will happily send you a PM to double check if anything can be done. I must advise as well, should we be able to get back for you, it will only be temporary so if goes again, we wouldn't be able to anything but request a formal deletion from IT.

Sending you the PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill