Menu
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox is unavailable at the moment

Have the same problem, but only started yesterday afternoon.

checked e-mail in morning, everything worked OK. 

Tried afternoon, and got a message about 'making some important changes, and to click the appropriate e-amil address to continue.

I am ntlworld.com, so clicked that, then, get the following.

This site can’t be reached

mail.ntlworld.com refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Still happening this morning, have tried clearing cache, also tried on laptop, and on phone using mobile data.....
Currently unable to retrieve anything!!
So, any ideas to solve, or are we stuck without e-mail again VM?? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

quick update to this, cannot sign into my VM account either, error message is the same as for e-mail...... so unable to even check the e-mail settings!!!

Mobile account is OK though??

Come on, VM what the heck is going on here?

Assume no staff working on weekends, so will have to wait 10 days or so for any sort of reply from the 'staff'??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try using this link: https://mail.virginmedia.com/ to access the email webpage.  It should work for nltworld addresses and all other legacy addresses in the Virgin Media stable.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thanks that seems to work for me although I'm assuming that's just a short term measure until Virgin sort it out properly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Pecker65 wrote:

Yeah thanks that seems to work for me although I'm assuming that's just a short term measure until Virgin sort it out properly

Whilst the current maintenance should, I hope, be short term that link can be used at any time to connect to Virgin Media mail regardless of which legacy address you are on.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi HughJarsse,

Thank you for getting in touch with your concerns. We do have staff manning the forums each weekend 8am-6pm, so I'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and it looks like I'm going to have to raise an IT ticket for you. I'll need to clear account security to do this and to provide you with the relevant details, so I'll send you a private message now. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

do the same for me please Rachael, i am ntlworld also and i can't get into webmail even though its says " unaffected "

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

sorry belay that i had to scroll up to Grahams fix which works, although if there was someway we could have been told this simple alternative it would have saved a lot of stress this fine sunday morning !!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael, just sent you a reply to the message. Hope this can be sorted quickly.

The published 'fix' works for e-mail, but still unable to access my VM account, so only a temporary fix at best.

Regards,

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I could log on to webmail ok yesterday, and receive email in Outlook Express on XP (I know, ancient but so far it's worked) but was unable to send mail from OE.  Still the same this morning.  

It seems to be objecting to the password, I had to change it recently due to suspected hacking.  I can put the same password into webmail and that connects OK, but not in OE.

Any advice (apart from upgrading that is ...)

Thanks.

0 Kudos