cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have a email address that bounces

Boscawen45642
Joining in

Same thing happening to me for the past 7 days. Not happened before in 25+ years. How do I resolve it?

36 REPLIES 36

Boscawen45642
Joining in

I have had this problem for 7 days. How do I resolve it? I'm 82 and not sure if I have raised this problem earlier today.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the Spam Content Found warning appear when sending new emails and / or when replying?
Does it occur if you remove any signatures and / or links from message before sending.

FYI: to troubleshoot the issue try sending the email to yourself: but do note that webmail will not display a Spam Content Found warning and you must review in which folder it was received, i.e. in :

• Inbox folder = no spam content found
  • Spam folder = spam content found

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

My sent emails being rejected as they are said to include SPAM, they don't. Even rejected when I send to an email address with no subject and no message. Help!

pph66
Joining in

It seems to be a problem with email signatures the virgin filter doesnt like so thing in some types. 

I did a test  blank email few words in subject and body of email sent fine got them to reply with no signature just few word finally works fine. The minute there signature is added it bounces so something somewhere it doesn't like. I'll see how it goes see if was a fluke getting throught or now is stable.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Boscawen45642 wrote:

My sent emails being rejected as they are said to include SPAM, they don't.

So can you confirm that the error messages you are getting back include the codes VM603 or SMTP602? If not , it would be useful if you could post the text of that error message but don't post any email addresses (yours or other people's)..

Even rejected when I send to an email address with no subject and no message.

So, to follow up what @pph66 has posted regarding signatures, do you have an email signature (text or a web link) that that gets added to the bottom of emails that you send?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Boscawen45642 👋.

Thanks for your comment.

We are sorry that you are having issues with your emails. Can we ask how you are accessing your emails, is it through our website, or are you using a mobile device, tablet, or even Outlook on your computer with your account details signed in?

Also have you checked the spam filter levels to ensure that they do not need adjusting to allow for safe emails to be passed through into your inboxes as we as ensuring that your email addresses are logged as "safe"?

Please get back in touch.

Sabrina

Does include Message SMTP602.

Not aware that my sent emails include a signature text or web ink.

How do I check Spam filter levels. Sorry I am 82 fairly with it but this problem having sent emails bouncing now getting to me.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Boscawen45642 wrote:

Sorry I am 82 fairly with it

Don't apologise, I am only just behind you in the age stakes and I have already lost it, 😉

How do I check Spam filter levels.

You have kindly reported that you are getting the SMTP602 error which means that you are using the VM webmail service on the VM website to manage your emails.

That does not have Spam filter levels, but you can turn the incoming spam filter off. I am amost 100% certain that will not solve the problem because it is VM's outgoing spam filter that is blocking your emails.

However, by all means test it by following the steps 1,2 and 3 below:

VM SPAM settings.png

Change the setting to "Turn off all spam filtering" then check if you can send one of your previously blocked emails.

However, if it still gets blocked, go back to that settings screen and reset to the default "Move to spam folder" setting.

I note that you previously said:

"Even rejected when I send to an email address with no subject and no message."

However, a blank subject line and no text may well suggest the email is "spammy" What happens if you send a message with:

Subject: "Virgin Media Support Forum"

Text: "A test of VM's webmail system"

Coenoby

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks