Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closure of former-customer email accounts

Hi, I can no longer log in to virgin email using my email address [REMOVED]

However, I am still receiving email to this address and still actively using it, as I have for several years.

I need to be able to login so I can check the spam filters as I seem to receiving more spam than usual.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have asked the Moderators to redact your post.  By posting your email address in a public forum you are inviting a huge increase in spam emails to the address.

As to your access problem - are you still a Virgin Media broadband customer and is the email address concerned attached to your current account.  You can check this by signing into My Virgin Media with your Primary account details and look under the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs to see if the email address is listed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hiya, thanks for responding.

i am no longer a virgin media customer as i moved house and I can't get Virgin broadband at my new location (TQ3 1BR)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i found i can still access my email using a different email client like Thunderbird and using smtp.virginmedia.com as the SMTP server
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In that case the VM staff will not be able to help you regain access.  They will be able to expedite the closure of the account when they reach this thread.

Edit: Whilst you have access via Thunderbird use the time to save offline any emails that you need to retain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks