Menu
mushr00m
Tuning in
Message 11 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send email - error message: Blacklisted IP address

I now get an email from Virgin Media saying this

Hello,

We're unable to deal with your request via this email address.

To find an answer to your question or query please go to:

For Virgin Media - virginmedia.com/help

For Virgin Mobile - virginmobile.co.uk/help

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jd030d9363,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. We understand your concern. 

I can see you are currently in contact with a member of our team regarding this. Please remain in contact with them as they will do their best to help resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @mushr00m

Thanks for getting back to me via pm. I'm very happy that our Internet Security team have lifted the blacklist and that things are working for you now.

Please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums if there's anything we can assist with in the future.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

MrStreet
Tuning in
Message 14 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. My Router got a new IP address about 6 weeks ago and from that point on I cannot send emails because the mail server says my new IP-Address is on a blacklist. I even turned off the router for a week when I went on holiday, hoping to get a new IP-Address when I turned on again (no such luck).

I tried ringing the normal customer support number and have been bounced around for 6 weeks with no result.

Who do I need to contact please to get this resolved?

Kind Regards,
Richard

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MrStreet,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to see you are having issues with sending emails as your IP address has been blacklisted.

I would like to get this sorted for you. I shall send you a PM now to obtain the details required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

0 Kudos
MrStreet
Tuning in
Message 16 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Serena, I was advised to start a new post rather than piggy back on someone else's (solved) thread, so I have and Gareth_L is helping me out on that thread. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway!
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MrStreet,

Thank you for the update. I'm confident that my colleague will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
ST_BOLD14
Tuning in
Message 18 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Molly / Forum Team /  /

This has been happening to me too. 

My IP is blacklisted at SORBS DUHL, Spamhaus ZEN, UCEPROTECTL2 & L3. 

I went to SORBS.NET and the last blacklisting activity for the IP was 2008. I run my Virgin Hub in Modem Mode and have a Deco Router. I did manage to use the MAC Clone setting in the router to change the MAC address of the router, restart both the router and VM modem, this gave me a new IP which was still blocked in the same way. 

The reason this is a problem is that it is preventing my email client connecting to my domain SMTP server. My email client connects to both Apple and Google SMTP servers fine, it is just my domain email server. 

I've run malware bytes etc. and I don't think it is anything we've done this end. Like I said above, the last occurance for the DUHL listing type was 19 Dec 2008 on SORBS.NET.

Any help much appreciated as it's driving me nuts not being able to send emails from my domain server. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
MrStreet
Tuning in
Message 19 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath. It's been, what, nearly 3 months or more since I first reported this and I'm still waiting for someone to sort it out.

I don't run a mail server, so I've gradually moved all my stuff over to a gmail address and I'm using that now instead.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrStreet

I still am looking into this for you

Sorry for the delay 

Its proving a bit more tricky than I first Imagined it to be 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos