Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 71 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Re: **RESOLVED** **Intermittent Email Issue: POP3**

@scarletp  It is quite likely that issue under that fault reference was the cause of the problems you were seeing.

Have you tried again since VM announced that the issue has been fixed?

If you are still having problems I would recommend starting a new thread and setting out the issue you are seeing. It is probably worth pointing out that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft so you may wish to consider changing to a more up to date email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 168
Flag for a moderator

email seems to be working consistently now (Pop3). Will check again later.
It would be nice to know exactly what the problem was and what they did to fix it. That would give us some confidence that it really is fixed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 73 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I am still having issues all be it trying to log on to IMAP not POP3. I still cannot connect to webmail using https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox either. I get the sign in box but when I enter my email address and password it redirects to store.virginmedia.com and I get a message saying that 'Your mailbox is not available at the minute'

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 74 of 168
Flag for a moderator

My message posted is https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-poor-service/m-p/4284851

I was referred to the POP3 post as a potential cause.

This is the 3rd day that I get server not responding or the circle of doom when trying to open an email.

Why on earth is it that I cannot promptly access my emails without issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 75 of 168
Flag for a moderator

@mrbeach wrote:

I am still having issues all be it trying to log on to IMAP not POP3. I still cannot connect to webmail using https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox either. I get the sign in box but when I enter my email address and password it redirects to store.virginmedia.com and I get a message saying that 'Your mailbox is not available at the minute'

Does the same happen if you click on this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Hi there my issues still remain, slow sending and receiving of emails 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 77 of 168
Flag for a moderator

@MilesP wrote:
email seems to be working consistently now (Pop3). Will check again later.
It would be nice to know exactly what the problem was and what they did to fix it. That would give us some confidence that it really is fixed.

For security of system reasons VM never disclose the causes of faults or what they have done to fix them. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 78 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I get exactly the same response. I have had this issue for the last two days. Other family members have no issues.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 79 of 168
Flag for a moderator

@mrbeach wrote:

Yes, I get exactly the same response. I have had this issue for the last two days. Other family members have no issues.

It would be best for you to start a new thread explaining your issue and then the Forum Team can take a look at what the specific issue is with your mailbox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get into my emails on the VM server just now, so yes it seems to be fixed.