Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Re: @ntlworld.com email issues

Hallelujah, lets the bells ring across the land, light the bonfires, let the choirs sing out,put another shrimp on the barbie....

Mine seems to be working OK this morning. To put it into Big Brother style..

"Day 3 in the Virgin Media House.. it looks like whatever broke got fixed, or someone undid the change they made and broke things, either way the housemates gorged themselves on emails because who knows how long the good times will last." 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 52 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I'ts still very slow & Intermittent for me still this morning. Does not appear to be fixed yet!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Sorry folks, but the issue has still not been fixed. I've been having the problems for 3 days (maybe longer) now on both Windows Outlook Pop3 and Apple ipad imap. It seemed to be OK early today but has gone wrong again, with receive errors on one or two of my email accounts (not the same accounts every time). Message do eventually get through after several attempts.

I spoke to a Virgin Media person on the help desk yesterday for nearly an hour. She was unaware of anyone having these problems, but did her best to try and fix the problem but to no avail. She eventually suggested a paid for service of experts at VM who might be able to help.

Clearly there is a problem somewhere at VM with this, but no one seems to be officially acknowledging it.

No doubt it will mysteriously disappear as quickly as it appeared, with nothing being said. The fault status still says no known broadband problems in your area.!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 54 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Morning, I’ve been having problems signing in for days now. I’m not at all tech savvy. It’s been extremely frustrating and time consuming. Even to verify this account took multiple tries. Even if the emails appear, it doesn’t mean I can open them.
Any update on this being rectified?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 55 of 168
Flag for a moderator

It's still not fixed and very intermittent. Emails do eventually come through, but let's face it the VM service is shocking when things go wrong, after 20 years of being with them I dread having to contact them.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 168
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having intermittent issues sending and receiving from Outlook too. I've been having them for about three days, too. The message I get is that an operation on the server has timed out.

Is there any way of officially logging this with VM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 57 of 168
Flag for a moderator

Re: **Intermittent Email Issue: POP3**

I have been having this problem since yesterday morning. I cannot connect to webmail or using my two android devices trying to connect via IMAP and trying to connect to @ntlworld.com address. It's not my settings, nothing has changed and other family members with @ ntlworld.com address continue to be able to send and receive emails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 168
Flag for a moderator

This issue is still not resolved. It has been 3 days now and obtaining email from Outlook is still getting the same errors. When is it going to be fixed?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 59 of 168
Flag for a moderator

@Melissa_F this isnt isolated to a single user so it is pointless reaching out to any individual in this thread.  The issues lies with Virgin Media please can you ensure some focus is placed on resolving this and escalated internally to the right team. We are all having the same problem.

It appears to me that there is blissful ignorance of this issue within Virgin Media.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 60 of 168
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-poor-service/m-p/4284851

My previous message. This is now the third day where it times out and says the server stopped responding. Even on the virgin site itself trying to get email is the same. 

0 Kudos