cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending email using Android apps and Windows

Pirate77
Tuning in

Ahoy!

Well, you can add me to the VM302 message issue as not only have I tried with at least 3x apps on various devices, but even Thunderbird on Win 10 (64 bit) AND even my VM online email won't send messages, but incoming messages aren't affected on any of my Android devices or laptop as stated.

I've changed the password at least 3x, cross-checked the SMTP, IMAP and POP3 settings which are all correct, and yet I can't send email messages via Virgin.  I don't remember ever having any notification about my VM account in part or as a whole yet I can log into my VM account online as normal using my primary account email and password (all of the changed passwords have worked fine), so I'm at a total loss!

Sure, I can set-up email forwarding, but that's not the point as I and all other VM subscribers surely have the absolute right for ALL elements of your package to work properly, and when it doesn't, it seems appropriate to have some sort of compensation as we're paying for service(s), and if we're not getting them, then the network/media provider are charging for various services, so if there are laws about such things, then VM ought to be held accountable (maybe by not paying your monthly subscription) until the issue(s) have been dealt with otherwise it's like the Dire Straits song Money for Nothing!

That's my soap-box sermon done for now, but short of anyone else who have experienced or experiencing the same issue and had the issue rectified, can you share what needed to be done please as I'm going nuts with this?

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Pirate77,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, The error VM302, Usually indicates your email account has been locked due to an email being sent that contained Spam, or the devices you use to send emails have picked up some malware. Help for this can be found here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Pirate77,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, The error VM302, Usually indicates your email account has been locked due to an email being sent that contained Spam, or the devices you use to send emails have picked up some malware. Help for this can be found here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L