Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problem signing into email

I tried to read my emails this morning but it said there was a problem signing into my account. Presuming I had been hacked again, i changed my password.

It now keeps saying 'your mailbox is  not available. Please leave for an hour and check again.....'.  I have tried to ring virgin but they are extremely busy.

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem signing into email

I have exactly the same problem and have been onto Tech for most of the day (via text) and changed my password...I can still not access my email or even get to the sign in page on webmail.  I look forward to seeing an answer to this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to try and reply to you both, but please do try not to jump in on other people's threads. Your issue may have the same symptoms but not the same cause. That is how it works in tech stuff.

If you account has been locked in the circumstances described it has been done by Virgin Media security team because your account has been detected as sending spam. That means the spammers have discovered your password and are using your account credentials to sending spam from their systems. Something you can't see but VM can.

So the first step is to change your password. The second step is to wait here for a VM staff member to pick up these issues and get your mail box unlocked. The earliest that will happen (pick up) is tomorrow. 

But if this not the first time this has happened you have an uncomfortable truth to face. Your system must be leaking your password. Probable cause is a malware infection, or you are using such easy to guess passwords that a five year old could guess them after a change. You need to do something about detecting a malware infection or this will keep repeating itself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissyP1 and Disneyhunt,

Thanks for your posts.

I am sorry you're both having problems accessing your email accounts, and I can understand you'd like to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

HowardML has given some great information for you both there.

We are currently aware of a nationwide issue impacting email access via webmail, so I just need to check if you're impacted by that. 

Can you both please confirm if you're able to access your email via a client rather than webmail?

Thanks

Melissa 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Melissa - unfortunately not ..it asks again from my password, then the message "Cannot Get Mail..The mail server imap4blueyonder.co.uk I not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa

No unfortunately I am unable to access my email account either way as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for confirming.

I'll need to take a look at your accounts and pass security with you - can you please send me a private message and I'll help you further 🙂

Thanks

Melissa 

Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, message sent 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator