Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 41 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible problems sending email.

This is now showing as a major issue in service status - but surprisingly only for web mail. So some progress in acknowledging existence of an issue with VM mail officially. We need to watch this space!17marchfault.PNG

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
tomgraybooks
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Mine looks to be fixed now.

0 Kudos
AnthonyA
Tuning in
Message 43 of 102
Flag for a moderator

And again changing outgoing mail server back to smtp.ntlworld.com has got me going again. This is clearly down to Virgin who have wasted an awful lot of our time today and I hope they apologise.

Highlighted
frustrated18
Tuning in
Message 44 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Manny3 had suggested trying smtp.ntlworld.com and it worked for me. I then switched back to smtp.virginmedia.com and that now works. So who knows what is going on. Certainly the folk at the call centre didn't.

0 Kudos
eastlmark
Joining in
Message 45 of 102
Flag for a moderator

my backlog now been sent.

Surely they could have sent us a message saying there is a problem instead of us all assuming its an issue our end.

0 Kudos
mcuin
Settling in
Message 46 of 102
Flag for a moderator

I think they have just resolved the smtp.virginmedia.com issue because my email sending now works. The call centre was initally useless, and at one point someone told me i had to pay £35 for someone to login onto my pc to solve the issue. I have written a serious complaint letter regarding that.

Manny3
Joining in
Message 47 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Good to hear it worked for you. Yeh dialing 150 for help was pointless. They really didn’t want to know. If it weren’t for that old laptop in the loft we would still be struggling now.
nlav
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 102
Flag for a moderator

@AnthonyAwrote:

And again changing outgoing mail server back to smtp.ntlworld.com has got me going again. This is clearly down to Virgin who have wasted an awful lot of our time today and I hope they apologise.

Plus one from me!

Soft words butter no parsnips, however, and rather than an empty apology I would like an accessible explanation of what went wrong and some reassurance that the problem will not recur. In particular, as pointed out above, will VM disable the ntlworld.com server?

I understand the four servers are there as a matter of history but some well-managed rationalisation seems necessary.

Manny3
Joining in
Message 49 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Correct I agree. It would best be kept as a backup when virginmedia outgoing server god down.
0 Kudos
ejehoward
Tuning in
Message 50 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Well I followed everyone else and switched back to smpt.ntlworld and it all work now, So I hope it stays that way!!