cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email account hacked

graham1101
Joining in

I have a legacy Ntlworld email account that has recently been hacked. VM account was closed in 2016. I can’t sign in to change the password. I’ve deleted all of the mail. Ideally I’d like the account deleted. The hacker keeps signing me up for different services. I tried phoning VM, but wasn’t able to speak to anyone that could help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey graham1101, thanks for your post and for reaching out on our help forums.

We're sorry to hear of the issue with your old email account from us being hacked, as you've left VM that long ago this should have been swept off by our teams.

However, there's rare cases where the email account we provided is still active, in this case we'd be able to assist by deleting this email for you completely and permanently.

In order to enable me to help further with this, I will shortly send you a private message here.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey graham1101, thanks for your post and for reaching out on our help forums.

We're sorry to hear of the issue with your old email account from us being hacked, as you've left VM that long ago this should have been swept off by our teams.

However, there's rare cases where the email account we provided is still active, in this case we'd be able to assist by deleting this email for you completely and permanently.

In order to enable me to help further with this, I will shortly send you a private message here.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Sorted, thank you 👍🏻

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

glad to hear @graham1101, please pop back if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Adri

My mum’s account has also been hacked. Please can you assist us in changing the password/deleting the account?

Thanks again

Lara

Hi Lara, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your mum's email has been hacked. 

Before we can offer to help, we will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @Laz39,

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

The IT Team have come back to me now and confirmed that the email address has been deleted. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let me know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team