Menu
chrissieb71
Up to speed
Message 11 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Re: Norton and Mcafee

Thanks I will try that - to add insult to injury, because of the junk filter I had put in place to try and control these spam emails, it moved the notification of your reply from VM to my junk mail!! 🙄

0 Kudos
Leahcar
Joining in
Message 12 of 90
Flag for a moderator

I am getting these emails daily! So annoying and can't block, as always a different sender!

Virgin media, is there anything you can do about this, it's driving me insane?!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Whilst you wait for Virgin Media to respond I am curious to know if the filter rule detailed here Re: I want spam was of any help.

chrissieb71
Up to speed
Message 14 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thank you so much!!!! It worked a treat 😁

Can we mark that as a solution? 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I do apologise for any frustration or inconvenience caused by an influx of spam/phishing emails. Our spam filters are programmed to learn from what's marked as spam. If our webmail options are used to flag particular emails, it should train our filters to recognise these in the future.

We do sometimes see a spike in spam emails getting through whilst our filters learn to filter emails from new locations etc. This learning is an automated process, so it can sometimes take a little while for everything to be picked up but you should see an improvement moving forwards if they are marked appropriately.

There is no evidence to suggest that these emails are the result of any concerted attacks or data breach. Unfortunately, it's just scammers using more and more technology to generate and spoof email addresses.

In the meantime, the filter rules suggested by our brilliant VIPs and other community members should significantly reduce the amount of spam coming into your main inbox. Please bear in mind, any fraudulent emails purporting to be from Virgin Media can be forwarded to phishing@virginmedia.com. If you receive an automated response advising that this is spam, it means it's already been logged on our system.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
JPA2
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 90
Flag for a moderator

I find you response disappointing for a paid service. I use Apple iCloud and do not get this type of rubbish coming though. How about stop apologizing and learn from better providers.

Tags (1)
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi JPA2,

Thank you for your response. Our Virgin Media webmail is not a paid service, it is a value added service included free of charge with a Virgin Media broadband account.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration, I'm afraid that there is nothing further we can do at this stage.

Thanks,

Rachael

tbernstein
Up to speed
Message 18 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm. Or maybe you've been very lucky. We've been getting a stream of these. I mark them as Spam in the VM webmail page. And report (forward) them to report@phishing.gov.uk. And still they come. VM's spam filters are as useless as they've always been since they stopped using Google's mail servers. Which is to say, totally useless.

Not a happy customer anymore..................................................................
Mostly a happy customer.
0 Kudos
tbernstein
Up to speed
Message 19 of 90
Flag for a moderator

VM used to use Google's servers for email but brought i tin house. It's been pretty much a pile c*** ever since. I've stopped using it for anythin gother than junk. But most of this is coming to my wife's named (name.name@virginmedia....) account.

Not a happy customer anymore..................................................................
Mostly a happy customer.
0 Kudos
tbernstein
Up to speed
Message 20 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Err. No.

This thread dates back about a month now. And still they're coming. Not a trickle. A flood. And I'm wasting considerable amounts of time logging in to the web mail and marking each of these as spam. And you're achieving nothing.

Mostly a happy customer.
0 Kudos