Menu
Lensman864
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Non-stop McAfee/Norton/Product phishing attacks.

Hello Virgin Media.

In the last 48 hours I've received over 40 phishing emails to my ntlworld.com address pretending to be from McAfee, Norton and various shopping/product sites. These are very obviously originating from the same source and every single time I mark them as spam but the sender modifies their email address for subsequent attempts. They do not arrive during the night (gmt) which I find interesting.

Why is this not being stopped please? I know for certain that many other people are suffering the same nuisance and V.M in theory could block these messages based on subject or general I.P address. 

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non-stop McAfee/Norton/Product phishing attacks.

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response,Lensman864, 

Have you tried using our spam setting here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings

Or using filter options for keywords?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting a couple of "Norton" subscription reminders per day too, shame that VM's spam filter can't recognise a phishing email when the sender is so blatantly false.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post, Seffrid, the filter will be able to recognise them by using the keywords you have inputted.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Look up "My spam solution". It is working fine as others confirm.

0 Kudos
Lensman864
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Yes, of course I've used the spam settings. I mark every one of these emails as spam but the sender is constantly changing the domain name and message content so the filter catches maybe 10% of them. This needs to be diagnosed via your squid logs to see where these messages are originating so V.M can block them!

0 Kudos