Menu
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 91 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Re: No emails access for nearly 2 days now...

So me not having any broadband for over a week and a half means nothing then?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 92 of 99
Flag for a moderator

In this long saga there are 2 brief references to Broadband unavailability, namely -

Message 1 - “Since Saturday evening I've barely had any broadband “, and,

Message 8 - “my broadband is finally back”.

If VM have conceded that this was due to a Broadband fault then you may well be due some compensation for that and you should pursue it.

My comments were quite clearly related to the subject of the other 88 posts in this thread – email functionality.

Highlighted
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 93 of 99
Flag for a moderator

So thats a yes then. lol It's been a long saga due solely to the appalling service by VM thats why.

Sadly VM as per try to avoid admitting to anything and in the area I live in and down the years we've been prone to dozens of drop out of broadband. Either running half the speed or loosing It completely. This was the latter. So imo money off please!

0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 94 of 99
Flag for a moderator

So, to add insult to injury VM are raising their prices from September at (for me at a least) and extra £4 a month. After what we've all had to put up with these past weeks they're taking the mick! Time to drop my TV package for a start!!
0 Kudos
Surfinsurveyor
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Well here we are over two months later and having made two formal complaints to VM about this issue, and specifically their lack of ownership of the problem that needed pressure on them by the Mod Team, I have received no answer from them let alone any sort of apology! Customer service in my opinion stinks. I would however like to thank the Mod Team for all their help in getting the email issue resolved. Never the less, in view of the absence of a VM explanation/apology and the fact that they are raising prices I have cancelled my contract. I have had great service over the last 15+ years but this has declined significantly in recent times and all things considered I do not wish to remain a customer. Perhaps someone from VM will read this and take note with the view to improving customer service but sadly I suspect that will not be the case as they seem to be ignoring many things.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 96 of 99
Flag for a moderator

It's disappointing to hear that you have cancelled due to the frustration caused by this issue.

I'm unsure what has happened with your complaints previously, but if you would like somebody to take a 2nd look please let us know and we'll do all we can to help - or provide feedback where necessary.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Surfinsurveyor
On our wavelength
Message 97 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking an interest. However the issue regarding email access turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back. VM customer service has let us down so many times. The fact that they seem to abdicate responsibility and allow a community forum to try and solve customer problems is disgusting. Phone calls to VM have achieved little or nothing and in some instances staff have denied that there is a problem despite that clearly not being the case when so many similar issues are reported on here and in one instance even in national media. Why VM dodge direct contact with customers is somewhat of a mystery. Perhaps they don't wish to acknowledge failures so as to try and avoid any liability. Whilst the email issue was thankfully solved by the input of the Mod Team VM have not responded to me as their customer in any shape or form.

Once again, thank you for your time. I doubt that you can assist further but if you wish to pass on to VM my high level of dissatisfaction that may go in some small way to make them clean up their act and treat other customers properly. My contract with them ends at the end of the month.

Best regards

Keith Page

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 98 of 99
Flag for a moderator

@Surfinsurveyor 

I would like to stress that Tom and the other Forum Team members are all Virgin Media employees.  The idea behind the Forum is where possible users will assist as first responders, but in instances such as yours, the Forum Team will get involved.  The team work from the Virgin Media contact centre in Manchester.  However I do agree based on comments from users on here that some employees don't seem to take ownership of the problem and I would hope that @Tom_F could escalate these concerns.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 99 of 99
Flag for a moderator

Hello Surfinsurveyor 

I am very sorry to hear you have had this issue with your email for quite some time now, I will need to take a closer look at this for you, which means I will need to send you

a private message, please reply when you can.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos