Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No email access for over two weeks

I've had no access to my Virgin Media emails for over 2 weeks now. I get the message:

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I've called 150 a few times now and when I eventually get through to a human I've had various responses. The first was there is a problem with emails and it's being worked on. The second was have you tried another browser or changing your password. Tried both but no luck. Third was that ntlworld passwords are not working it is being worked on but as technical team have been sent home it'll be slow in getting fixed.

I've been onto the virgin community and saw a similar post with someone experiencing the same issues. There was help on offer. I appreciate  it make take a while so whenever anyone is available to offer help it'd be much appreciated.

Regards

Garry

PS Love the tick box below!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No email access for over two weeks

Lots of us have had this for weeks.

Nobody at Virgin is doing anything to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't open emails

I've not been able to access my emails for over 2 weeks. I get the message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'. I've changed my password, tried a different browser but to no avail. I've tried phoning 150 and spoken to puzzled operatives. The latest said it was a problem with ntlworld email addresses but couldn't offer a solution or any indication when the issue may be fixed. Any help on enabling email access again would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't open emails

See the official advice here and try the text option.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Trouble-accessing-email/td-p/4175182/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice MissPasko. I followed the link and read the thread of posts. I'd tried the text number over a week ago but hadn't received a reply. I re-texted today and received a reply this time, which gave no useful information but at least it was a reply. In the thread of posts there was complaint after complaint. Some were answered and some not and some seemed to get their email access problem fixed. A community person said in reply to one post that the email needed 'unblocked'. Not sure what this entails. Throughout the various correspondence about the lack of email access there doesn't seem to be an explanation as to why it has happened, why it only affects some users and is it the same problem that affects us all. It's been over a month now without email so I'm hoping it won't take much longer for the problem to be fixed. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garryk, let me send you a Private Message so I can have a peek at your email issue:)

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Thanks,

Lisa