Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No Email Service since 13th June

I have had no email service at all since Thursday on Desktop, Laptop or iphone. This is the message that I keep receiving:-

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Email Service since 13th June

This will have to be dealt with the VM staff who work on this Forum. They will reach your post in the next few days. The message means your mailbox could have become become damaged in some way and the VM IT team will have to take a look to see what the issue is and repair it.

In the meantime you can try this, clear your browser cache and cookies (Google how to do this because different browsers all have different methods) and then try to log in using mail2.virginmedia.com. Might just work.

Edit:  And thank you for starting your own thread. We'll get this sorted for you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

• Also not able to access incoming emails on VM Mail since 13/6.  Keep getting message: "unable to access mail.  Username or password incorrect".  When I then try to access email having logged into my VM account, i get similar message to the one in the post that prompted your response.  I rang the VM helpline on 15/6 and was informed the issue should be sorted within 48 hours, but the problem is still there today.  I seem to be able to send emails on my VM Mail account.  In my view, VM need to be far more proactive in getting information out to their customers via their website when service interruptions like this occur, detailing the nature of the problem and an estimate of when it is likely to be resolved.  We shouldn't have to trawl through community posts and the like to find out what is going on.
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@rotman12 wrote:
  • Also not able to access incoming emails on VM Mail since 13/6.  .

Hi rotman12 - it would be best for you to start your own thread so that your situation can be diagnosed and referred for individual attention.  This sounds like a separate issue and may be able to be fixed very soon.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

emails

Although I have broadband I still haven't been able to retrieve or send emails. This has been going on now since 12th June. I keep getting text messages putting the time back when the issue should be sorted out but how on earth do you get to speak to anyone about this now when all you get is an automated message.  Thoroughly fed up with Virgin now.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: emails

Keep your threads together please (I have merged them). It makes like hard for those of us who try to help if we have to go from thread to thread to assess what is happening. The VM Forum Team are well aware of the ongoing e-mail situation and will reach this thread in due course to help.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ireneseeker,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the email service. If you are still experiencing this issue could you send a private message to @ModTeam with the following information. This will allow us to investigate this issue further;

• The email address(es) you can’t access
  • What error you're seeing on Webmail (you can screenshot if they like)
  • Are you able to use that address via a mail client (don’t worry about setting one up if you currently don’t use it)
  • Can you sign into My Virgin Media

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

On our wavelength
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Would you believe it Email has gone down  again with exactly the same fault. It was only working for about 10 days. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Service status  shows no known problems in the area whereas speaking to agent on phone says that there is. Text message sent to me from Virgin says problem solved but it isn't. Virgin is fast becoming a joke. Agent tells me my broadband is down and I tell him it isn't. He says that it shows that it is on his screen and if it isn't down now it soon will be. I tried to explain to him that last time  it was nothing to do with an outage problem but a password problem but all I got wasthat it was different this time. Is anyone else having this problem?

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi ireneseeker,

My apologies that this error has returned. 

Just to check when the fault was resolved did you reset your password? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes mine is the same on a Blueyonder email. Like you it went down on the 13th but Virgin said they didn't have a problem blah blah flannel flannel and I'd never get it back, it was lost even though it's the email address they send my bill to. I spent hours on the phone to various agents and was offered compo but said I still wasn't happy so they promise they would send me a dead lock letter so I can take them to the ombudsman because no matter what virgin claim it is them and they do have a problem! It came back on briefly last week and I could see my inbox. I can now send emails but not recieve them, but at least I can prove what I use my email address for and how much money I have lost by VM messing me about and it was more than the compo I was offered so I'm sure the ombudsman will be happy to help me where VM are not!