Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Access to Locked Email Account – Now Urgent

JW54
Tuning in

Hi

I really need help ASAP.

My wife is the Legal Guardian to both of her twin brothers and manages their affairs through her email. One has just been admitted to hospital and I really need to get email access restored.

My VM account was locked a few days ago with no access to My Virgin Media or external email access for the primary and 2 secondary accounts.

I’ve already been on the phone and got help to reset the My Virgin Media password for the primary account. I followed instructions and reset the email app password which involved changing my sign in email away from the Blueyonder email I have – So my sign in email and contact email are now my Gmail address instead. I now have access to My Virgin Media for the primary account and can send and receive emails using the Blueyonder address for the primary account.

The secondary accounts are still locked though.

I have tried to repeat the process again for both of the secondary accounts. I managed to get access to My Virgin Media for both of the secondary accounts.

When I try to change the sign in email away from the associated Blueyonder address to an external address – the verification email which is sent expires immediately.

I then am not able to try again as I get an error message about verifying the email already sent which doesn’t work.

I really need to sort this and be able to use the Blueyonder addresses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JW54 wrote:

When I try to change the sign in email away from the associated Blueyonder address to an external address – the verification email which is sent expires immediately.

If a sub-address is being used, i.e. johnsmith+sub-address@gmail.com then this is a know issue and impacts any email service supporting sub-addressing. As a temporary workaround and to avoid having to create another email address exploit Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses - Gmail Help, i.e.

Kudos to @coenoby for this workaround with Gmail accounts.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JW54 wrote:

If a sub-address is being used, i.e. johnsmith+sub-address@gmail.com then this is a know issue and impacts any email service supporting sub-addressing. As a temporary workaround and to avoid having to create another email address exploit Dots don't matter in Gmail addresses - Gmail Help, i.e.

Kudos to @coenoby for this workaround with Gmail accounts.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

JW54
Tuning in

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I'm really grateful

I was indeed trying to use gmail aliases ( + method ) to try to use variations of a single gmail address. As my wife has POA of another account and each account email needs to be unique, I hoped it would be a solution.

Dot method is ideal.

Thanks again

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JW54,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your mailbox at the moment.

Can you please confirm if you're the account holder or have Power of Attorney on the accounts that need the mailboxes looked into and have them unlocked?

We'll do all we can to assist in this situation.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JW54
Tuning in

Hi

It was my account that was locked and had restricted email access.

I've thankfully managed to regain access with advice from the other post.

My wife has POA on the seperate account of a relative which was ok.

Thanks - the help is appreciated.

Great stuff 😊 Glad to hear you now have access to this email.

If you need anything further, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules