cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld email sound alert

BEF
Up to speed

Hello, Can someone guide me to where I can turn-on sounds for email alerts please. I use Mac with VM @ntlworld.com. THANKS

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF  There is a setting under the basic settings of VM webmail to show desktop notifications for new email.

As far as I know any associated sounds would be a function of the browser that you are using rather than a VM setting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I don't know Macs or whether you have VM emails routing through the email app but this might help. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

BEF
Up to speed

Hi all, Have found this attached screenshot but It is very complex and I don't see anything to do with sound alert in Mail?change server settings in Mail on Mac.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF Have a look at the link posted by the other respondent.  For convenience repeated here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/mlhlc8ab2bf1/mac

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BEF
Up to speed

Hi, I was unable to work it out using my Mac computer so I tried via my iPhone 14. Which is fine for what I need. I haven't worked out yet why only some incoming emails play the alert and some don't...