cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media Webmail & Mail Settings Changed

JW54
Tuning in

Hi

I recently logged into My Virgin Media and noticed the link for Web Mail has been removed at the bottom. Its the same for the primary account and seconday accounts.

Having searched the forum I realised that I can still access the webmail from the drop down menu.

More concerning is that when I log in with the primary account and goto the account settings page, the settings for the mail is missing.

anybody else have this issue ?

All accounts can still send and receive email and webmail can be reached, but the recent changes make me a bit wary.

What if I wanted to generate a new App password for email ? how would I do this ?

I have older blueyonder email addresses and I worry VM will pull support for them without giving much notice.

Any advice or info appreciated.

cheers

Jack

3 REPLIES 3

georgiabarker
Tuning in

My email account has locked since this afternoon & I can’t do anything about it for the reason you’ve mentioned. I’ve just spent 5 days without emails, resolved it on Monday & am locked out again 2 days later without any way of fixing it at the moment. 

Hey

My account was locked a few weeks ago.

Had to unlock by changing My Virgin Media sign in emails away from Blueyonder address to external email.

Then had to regenerate app password ( which you cant do yourself ! ). Try get some help on here.

Im already planning moving my email away from VM - big task though.

Better to jump now, than wait to be pushed away later with a deadline.

Hi @JW54 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Please see this for generating an app password;

Sign in to My Virgin Media. 
Go to Account settings, then Account details. 
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail. 
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password. 
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked.
Leave it around 15 minute befroe trying to access your emails.
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill