cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My VM emails time out after 20 minutes and I have to go through all the password "traffic light" etc .

brammer1
Joining in

My VM emails time out after 20 mins or so and I have to go though all the security stuff every time I try to sign back in, including the Catcha stuff. Im using an Acer Chromebook and fear I must have added extra security somewhere.

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select ⚙ > Settings > Security and confirm Automatic sign out is correctly set, for example as highlighted below:

2023-02-18.jpeg

Hi brammer1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Can you confirm if you have tried what 用心棒 has stated and if this has resolved the issue

How is it at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Couldn't find "automatic timeout" under my security but I will search for it again.
The problem only happens when using Virgin Media emails and not when on to Google for example.
I have tried both Chrome and Firefox and it happens more often when using Chrome .
Thank you for your help, I'll keep searching .

Hi brammer1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

To access the part that 用心棒 has linked you to, you will need to be logged in to webmail. The routing again to use is clicking on the ⚙ icon in the top right hand corner > Settings > Security. 

It's also worth checking your browser settings as if you have the cookies and cache to clear on exit then this will reset things each time too. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs