Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable via webmail

Hi

For the last 4 weeks, logging in to my secondary (Ntlworld) account on VM webmail has returned the 'mailbox unavailable' error.  This remains the case despite several calls to and fro with VM  support and 2 password resets.  

Initially, VM said my secondary account wasn't correctly linked to my primary VM account, so they fixed that, but it still didn't work.

At the weekend (5 July), I got a text message to say the issue was resolved. It wasn't. 

Then I discovered that login to my primary account, which had been working fine till then, was now failing with a username/password not recognised error.  From bad to worse.

So on Monday morning I was back to 150. The agent I spoke to said it would take up to 48 hours to reset both accounts, and he'd call me to confirm if all was OK. I didn't get a call, and the login issues remained

Some good news though - I just tried a password reset on my primary account and it worked! So that just leaves the original 'mailbox unavailable' problem on my secondary account.  

Fortunately, I've discovered that the mailbox is accessible via IMAP, but I'm reluctant to independently mess with password reset on that account in case it breaks it. 

Apologies for diving in to the Forum now, but it seems that several users have been able to get 'mailbox unavailable' type issues resolved quite promptly by the forum team.

Please could you advise if my case is amenable to such magic dust, or if I have to wait in line again for an IT ticket? If the latter, can you update my status to say the primary account  login issue is fixed - or do I need to call 150 for that?

joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable via webmail

Good Afternoon joepass

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your E-Mail accounts

I'll be happy to look into this to have this resolved for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Please someone help me 😭 I have been unable to login to my ntlworld emails for weeks, I have been on here, on the phone, on the silly message chat thing, but still no one has resolved it. They have changed my password for me twice, told me to wait an hour before trying to login (any excuse to get rid of me)...all I get is 'Forbidden' message!!. This is terrible service...why dont they tell us they have problems?? Why do we have to suffer and waste so much time asking them to fix it.... I'm fuming! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Angrybirdme,

Did you follow up Graham_A's suggestion (on your original thread) to try a third-party email client such as Thunderbird?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/MAILBOX-UNAVAILABLE/m-p/4325446#M198386

In my case, I found I could access my emails via apple mail on an iPad, so it seems the mailbox is there and working, it's just the VM webmail front end that's broken.  Your case may be different from mine though.

I suggest you give this a try and add an update on this point on your own thread, it'll help the VM team if all the relevant info is in one place. 

joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated this to a VM forum staff member so they can get this resolved.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good morning DJ_Shadow,

Thanks for stepping in.

Which issue have you escalated - mine or Angrybird's?

I should add that I had a PM session with David_Bn on Friday evening which sadly failed to resolve the issue, result of which an IT ticket has been raised.

joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Sorry should have said but yours has been escalated, but the VM forum staff member will read the whole post.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes I did Joe and guess what? i did not work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Forum team,

Is there any progress on this please?

It’s been a week since a ticket was raised, and I’m still getting the ‘mailbox unavailable’ message when logging in to webmail.

joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joepass, 

Thanks for your post I have checked the ticket and they are still looking into this for you

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos