Menu
ModTeam
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox is unavailable

Hello,

We recently completed a full SMTP Relay migration over to a new platform with improvements to our anti abuse detection.

This may affect some users when when trying to log into your email account and you may see that your account has been locked or see a "mailbox is unavailable" error message. If you are seeing this error, please perform a password reset (not merely updating your password) to force our system to perform a full check and fix on that mailbox and wait 15 minutes for it to complete.

If you're still having problems, do post on our email board where a member of the Forum Team can take a closer look for you.

Thanks,

ModTeam

0 Kudos
cchick100
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox is unavailable

I have updated my password - but no joy, have been locked out of email since Wednesday last week. 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @cchick100 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you've not had access to your emails since last Wednesday.  Can I ask (just to be 100% certain) that this is via a 3rd party client and via webmail/our website?  

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
cchick100
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, 

Yes correct - I am unable to access my virgin.net account from both webmail and from client. 

I have updated the password via the preferences screen but get the below message...

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @cchick100

Can you please confirm to me, if you're still an active broadband customer with ourselves?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
cchick100
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, 

Not I am not an active broadband customer with you. This is quite an old account (set up 2001). 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the situation @cchick100

I am really sorry.  We're unable to get the email address back up and running for you.  The virgin.net email addresses were all supposed to have been deleted more than 2 years ago.  It appears as though yours was initially missed.  We did send notifications to all the virgin.net users at the time to pre-warn.  I am really sorry.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
cchick100
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

Is there no way to switch back on? Not even on a temporary basis?

I'd like to say that I saw or remembered the communication about address removal!

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry @cchick100 

We're not going to be able to restore the mailbox to you.  

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
danie1991
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

this happens every few months.i am unable to get email on virgin site but okay on phone so it cannot be blocked.it seems your site is the problrm.its been a couple of days so far.why is it only happening on your site

0 Kudos