Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mail not being delivered

Mail is not getting delivered to my Office Outlook email box and it says it is Virgins fault and that part of the Virgin network is blocked:

This is the mail system at host fwd-out.cmp.livemail.co.uk.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<xxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk >: host eur.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.2.33] said:

550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [213.171.216.178] weren't sent.

Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network

is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors .

[DB5EUR01FT020.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL

FROM command)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mail not being delivered

One of you clever people must have an idea of what's happening, I've had another one:

<xxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk>: host eur.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.17.97]

said: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [213.171.216.178] weren't

sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their

network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to

[Removed]

[DB8EUR05FT064.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL

Why is Virgin being blocked ??

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Microsoft-owned server (104.47.2.33 ) said that it received a message from server 213.171.216.178 (owned by Fasthosts.com) which it could not deliver to its Microsoft Hotmail destination because the Fasthosts.com server is on Microsoft’s S3140 blocklist (usually because the sending service has been identified as a significant source of Spam emails). I suggest you talk to Fasthosts – it is THEIR server IP address which is being blocked by Microsoft.

I assume you just forgot to mention that your email was being sent through Fasthosts.

Microsoft’s error message is somewhat misleading – it is assuming that your bounced email was sent from your ISP email server, whereas it actually came from a 3rd -party service outside the VM network.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bill, it said ISP so I assumed they meant Virgin as that is the ISP not Fasthost.
I've just sent them what you said above so will see what Fasthosts has to say and will post it back here for info and interest.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just a quickie from Fasthosts:

Have spoken with the relevant team on our end and they're aware of this and trying to get it resolved. Unfortunately I can't give an ETA as MS aren't the easiest to deal with due to their size. Usually takes a few days though in my experience, but will try and keep you updated on this thread.

For now, any mail sent from a website will bounce when sent to Hotmail addresses, but you can still send those emails if you send them manually from your email account.

Apologies for the inconvenience on this one.
0 Kudos