Menu
Makey
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of E-Mail

- I can't even put in a "Related Device or Service" because it ALWAYS comes up "No Matches" so I'll just say that it's ALL a problem for me. What do I do about  the following pages shown here (it's all so confusing!):-

Mail Set 1 POST.jpgMail Set 2 POST.jpgIMAP Prefix POST.jpgTHIS TLS Certificate??.jpgNOTHING I do works - Please help me, I'm a complete 'layman' with all the technical stuff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Makey
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Mail Set 1 POST BLOCKED.jpgMail Set 2 POST BLOCKED.jpgTHIS TLS CertificateBLOCKED.jpgTHIS TLS Certificate BLOCKED.jpgIMAP Prefix.jpgI

I've blocked out the sensitive stuff, so can I now be helped by the Forum?  This last screenshot is another thing I don't understand:-

Connection Doctor BLOCKED.jpg

0 Kudos
Makey
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've blocked out what you call sensitive items that should not be seen and re-sent my post.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Has this been ongoing since January or has a new issue arisen?  The screen shots linked to in message 7 are still valid as far as I know.

Username should always be the full email address including the @domain part.  Why two profiles? Presumably because you have set them both up at some time.  Try deleting the offline one and then concentrate on the settings for the remaining one.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Makey wrote:

- I can't even put in a "Related Device or Service" because it ALWAYS comes up "No Matches" so I'll just say that it's ALL a problem for me. What do I do about  the following pages shown here (it's all so confusing!):-

IMAP Prefix POST.jpgNOTHING I do works - Please help me, I'm a complete 'layman' with all the technical stuff.

You're in the advanced settings there.

Looking over this page here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/cpmlprefacctadv/mac

Advanced IMAP or Exchange Settings

Enter or change these settings as directed by your email account provider:

• IMAP Path Prefix: The location of your mailboxes on an IMAP server.

• TLS Certificate: Some mail servers require computers that connect to them to provide a certificate proving their identity.

• Allow insecure authentication: For email accounts that don’t support secure authentication, let Mail use a non-encrypted version of your username and password to connect to the mail server.

Reading the above and also taking my Outlook settings into account

IMAP path Prefix - Leave blank

TLS certificate - None

Allow Insecure Authentication Ticked.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Makey
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.  Just one more item, what do you make of this "connection Doctor" item (the RED item):-

Connection Doctor BLOCKED.jpg

0 Kudos
Makey
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's the same issue with Mail and it seems to keep returning - i.e. having to re-set up my (iMac) Mail account.

0 Kudos