cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy email - virgin.net

gerryv101
Joining in

Hi,

I have a legacy email account with Virginmedia ending @virgin.net which I have used for many many years with no problems.  On the 16th of Feb it was working fine in the morning and when checked in the afternoon using Microsoft Outlook it said the address/password was incorrect.  I went to the VM website and tried to log in there even using the forgotten password link to no avail.  I then spoke to VM direct who said they had posted requests to have it looked into and I would hear in a couple of days - nothing.  I phoned again and spoke to a gentleman who said there were problems with blueyonder and ntl and he would raise 5 requests to get the problem resolved and I would hear in 5 days - nothing.  I phoned again yesterday and spoke to many people who could not help and pushed me to the same department but different person.  When I eventually spoke to someone who said they would try they said that it could not be resolved as there is no department at VM who could resolve this problem as I do not have a current contract with VM.  When I asked to speak to a manager I was told that someone would contact me in 4/5 hours - nothing.  So has anyone got any ideas as I cant believe that VM cannot access the email address to find out what went wrong on the 16th February.  Any advise would be great.

Regards Gerry 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gerryv101  The key question is do you have a current VM broadband account and is the virgin.net email address concerned attached to that account.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this but they will need to know the answer to the above question.  If you do not have a current VM broadband account then the email address will be 'orphaned' and all the VM staff will be able to do is ensure the old email address is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I do not have a current contract with VM but this email address has worked for many years with no problem

Hi gerryv101,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've not been able to access your emails. As Graham_A has advised, if you no longer have a VM broadband account, sadly you won't be able to use the email address. These are usually removed 90 days after closing your Virgin account.

I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details from you, I can attempt to reset the account in order for you to gain access, but would advise you to move any important emails over to another account. 

I do also need to set the expectation that this may not work.

Alex_Rm