cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+++Known Issue+++ Email Disruption - F010434911

ModTeam

Hi there,

We're aware some customers are experiencing difficulties with our email service as follows:

You might find that your NTL/Blueyonder & Virgin Media Mail isn't working right now. We are sorry and our engineers are working to fix this right now. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

You can get updates on known service issues in your area here: https://virg.in/service or by callng 0800 561 0061.

Regards,

101 REPLIES 101

charlessmith
Tuning in

For the past few hours my emails from external accounts have been taking several hours to arrive in my in tray. I've tested this with email from a gmail account. How can I report this problem to Virgin Media?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@charlessmith 

VM are aware of the issues and a fault ticket has been raised - no estimated resolution time as yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

WPBC1953
Tuning in

Hello

Over the past few days I have been receiving emails up to several hours after they were sent.

I have a virginmedia.com email address.

Both accessing my emails through webmail and my “eM client” show exactly the same delays.

I include below an example of part of a header from webmail which shows the issue of big time delays in receiving emails.

Please, can something be done about this issue?

Thanks

Return-Path: <bounce-mc.us4_8432813.10209509-f7c103bda0@mail114.atl111.rsgsv.net>
Delivered-To: xxxxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com
Received: from md2.tb.ukmail.iss.local ([212.54.57.73])
by mc45.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP
id gKqTI5+J2mP0CAAA2IxyOw
(envelope-from <bounce-mc.us4_8432813.10209509-f7c103bda0@mail114.atl111.rsgsv.net>)
for <xxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com>; Wed, 01 Feb 2023 16:47:43 +0100
Received: from smtpclienthelo ([212.54.57.73])
by md2.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP
id WPVXI5+J2mPyGgAAaJkqCg
(envelope-from <bounce-mc.us4_8432813.10209509-f7c103bda0@mail114.atl111.rsgsv.net>)
for <xxxxxxx@virginmedia.com>; Wed, 01 Feb 2023 16:47:43 +0100
Received: from mail114.atl111.rsgsv.net ([198.2.131.114])
by mx6.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net with ESMTP
id NBmUptbclCNmgNBmVpiN4o; Wed, 01 Feb 2023 13:00:03 +0100
X-Env-Mailfrom: bounce-mc.us4_8432813.10209509-f7c103bda0@mail114.atl111.rsgsv.net
X-Env-Rcptto: xxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com
X-SourceIP: 198.2.131.114

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Team are aware of the current email issue and a fault ticket has been raised.  Currently no estimated fix time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

HMB42
On our wavelength
Am now trying again and have been put through to a team - which one don't know as they should be able to solve the problem on the phone! Have been waiting for them to answer the call for amount 20 minutes now, with musik being played to him at a very loud volume, even when I turn the volume down on the handset!

Quezzers
On our wavelength

I am suddenly not getting email on my NTLworld account. nothing downloads to my email account on the pc nor is it in my online mailbox when I look in there. I know it has been sent because its access codes from Ebay which usually arrive in seconds in my email program on the pc. and two of them have arrived a long time later (after they expired) I have restarted the pc and the hub and these and other emails I asked people to send are not getting to my online email box eitherDo I need to call this in? Or is there something I can do.

Just found a page on support/help/services/check-device -list Telling me I have multiple issues with nine devices having poor signal strength and wifi interference. This includes 2 pcs that are hard wired and don't even have Wi-Fi. Interestingly if I hover the cursor over the tab for that page the box that opens tells me it's 5 devices

Another fault and yet the bills keep increasing......

I noticed this happening today as well. It was working OK this morning at least it appeared to be. I use outlook and sometimes it takes a very long time to send/recieve. I have recieved emails so it's working to some extent they just seem to be delayed buy a considerable amount of time. Not tried webmail as there seems to be a wider issue affecting Virgin email systems 

No estimated fix time though ? that's pretty unhelpful. What if you are wating for something important to be sent through ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The current issues with VM Mail are now listed on the status page as under investigation.

Keep checking the status page for updates.

Quezzers
On our wavelength
Have now found a VM status up date saying my area is having problems with ntlworld emails and they are working on it. That still sdoesn't explain how I have wifi problems on 2 pcs that do not have wifi