Menu
teamfloyduk
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Keeping email address

Hi When I cancel my Virginmedia account for TV phone and Broadband next month will I lose my Virginmedia email address? 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping email address

Yes, however it should remain available via an email client for 90 days after you leave.  Webmail access is likely to be removed sooner than 90 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Normally once you cancel your email address will be removed after 90 days, there is no facility to keep using it after that period although some email address have hung around for sometime after, having a virginmedia email address is only available for VM broadband customers.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can get started now choosing a new email provider, plenty of free ones, and some you can pay for.  They may have better security, better support and good spam filtering.

And I always counsel to backup important emails from the VM mailbox to your own secure location.  When you have got most things transferred to your new provider, you can set up an autoforward in webmail to help pick up anything you have missed.

Turn off all spam filtering so you don't have to log in again to retrieve mis-identified spam.  Don't use the holiday notice - that could alert spammers and scammers to your new address.  Delete all emails and contacts from webmail.  This reduces the data that could be lost if anyone hacks in.  When the 90 days are up run the address through https://mailtester.com and make sure it is removed from VM's server.  If still showing valid, come back here and ask them to delete it manually.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos