cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Email across Accounts

Jacko11
Joining in

Hello,

My email address was previously created when I lived with my parents and they got Virgin Broadband - I then got a @virginmedia.com address. 

I have now taken out my own Virgin Broadband deal in a new home under the same email address - though I cannot sign into my need account and am instead signed in under my parents account as a secondary?

If I get them to remove my email from this account, will my @virginmedia.com account be lost and all my emails with it?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

wrote:

If I get them to remove my email from this account, will my @virginmedia.com account be lost and all my emails with it?

Yes they will be lost; Virgin Media do not transfer individual email addresses between accounts.

Take the opportunity to migrate to an email service that is not tied / dependent on continuing use of another service, i.e. Virgin Media Mail accounts are deleted 90 days after broadband service terminates.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Jacko11,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

@用心棒, has covered this perfectly and there's nothing else that I can add to it.

Regards,

Steven_L