Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is Cablesurf email server gone?

VirginMedia recently bought out my existing service provider, where I live, in the south of Ireland.  As a consequence, I moved to VirginMedia and at the time had my primary email address, of 20 years, provided by the purchased Company, Cablesurf,  still up and running.  I was assured by the VirginMedia representatives that they would retain the Cablesurf mail server for us who still used it, however since yesterday, 30/07/19, I have no access to the server.  VirginMedia helplines don't seem to know what the position is.

Can anyone out there please advise if Cablesurf email service is gone and if so, is that permanent. No advance notice was given to existing customers, if this is the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is Cablesurf email server gone?

this is a Virgin media UK support forum. Staff here wont be able to helo with VM Ireland users.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax. Didn't know it was UK based.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Yuptizme wrote:

Can anyone out there please advise if Cablesurf email service is gone

Just a thought. You could try entering your Cablesurf email address into an email address checker such as Mailtester.com.

The results sometimes say an address exists when it is actually not accessible by the user but if it comes up with 'email address does not exist on this server' that is pretty conclusive.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks coenoby.

Weird stuff going on here.  I contacted support and was informed that 'Yes', Cablesurf email is now gone permanently. I thought 'bummer', we should have been warned.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I discovered Cablesurf email is now back up and fully functioning. ???

Thanks all for your advice.!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Yuptizme wrote:

Weird stuff going on here. 

No surprise really I am sorry to say.

On this forum we regularly read some shocking (as in totally incorrect) advice being given out by the VM Customer Service agents here in the UK. That applies especially to the various legacy domains that Virgin Media have inherited from the various UK companies that they have swallowed up over the years.

To be honest I would suggest that you seriously consider moving to a non ISP email service, such as Gmail (but other email suppliers are available Smiley Happy)

It definitely sounds as if the 'new' Cablesurf email service under Virgin's management is not going to be the service you have been used to. Better to move now in your own timescale.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coenoby,

I already have a gmail account for many years, however my problem is that I have had my cablesurf email for at least 20+ years and it is the email address that I have used to subscribe to everything, like my bank, doctor, paypal and you can imagine how many more.  I now have to set about regularizing all of these, which I am sure, I will have forgotten many of them.

Cheers!

Yuptizme

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Yuptizme wrote:

I now have to set about regularizing all of these

It will be well worth it though. Smiley Wink

Coenoby

0 Kudos