Menu
RichardStiling
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Inbox unavailable

My virgin inbox is unavailable on all my devices. I can send emails but not receive them. Trying to phone virgin is a waste of time! 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inbox unavailable

@RichardStiling wrote:

My virgin inbox is unavailable on all my devices.

Not sure what you mean by "unavailable" in this context. However as you go on to say you can send but not receive email I can only assume that you manage your emails via email apps or email clients on your various devices.

If that is the case I would suggest that the first thing you do is try to view your Virgin Media email account directly by signing into the VM Webmail service with your VM email address and password from here. https://mail.virginmedia.com  

When you get there, check to see if there are emails in your Webmail inbox that have not been downloaded to your various email apps.

One very common situation is that hackers gain access to your email account and set up an auto forward or filters so that your incoming mail gets diverted to another email account or sometimes to another folder in your VM Webmail account. Either way, it results in you not seeing those emails using your email apps.

Check whether that is happening by:

Clicking the system menu icon   on the right side of the menu bar and click Settings.

Expand the E-mail options.

Select Filter Rules.

Are there any rules set up that you do not recognise? If you did not set them up then someone else did! That means a hacker/scammer has gained access to your account and may well be scamming your other online accounts such as Ebay, Amazon etc. Also, they could be setting up other online accounts using your email address.

If you find any such filter rules then you must follow all the advice here to regain control of your email account 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Hopefully this is not the case. In which case we have a mystery and we need to look at other possible reasons why you are not seeing incoming emails.🤔

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This sounds like an issue I had a few weeks ago with one of my e-mail addresses. It was suggested that I check if my mail box was full. I checked in my webmail account but the mail box was not full.

I was also advised that VM can temporarily block an address if it thinks it has been compromised and the advice included to run scans and change passwords as well as checking e-mail addresses in webmail. I did all of these and normal service was resumed within 24 hours.

I found advice on VM e-mail support but sadly, I don't have the link. Perhaps a VIP could post the link.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is the link I was talking about above. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-compromised-mailbox-alert

It may be relevant but even if not, it provides information that is good to know.

0 Kudos
RichardStiling
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

inbox unavailable

I can't access my emails. All I get is "Inbox unavailable". How do I fix this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: inbox unavailable

@RichardStiling 

It would help if you could answer the question posed in message 2.

What happens when you attempt to sign into your email account via this address:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Post back here with the result, being careful not to reveal any personal information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
RichardStiling
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. All I get is this message. 

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit 8. Call costs from other networks and mobiles  And vary.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The most likely cause is that the VM security team have locked the account to protect against suspicious activity.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardStiling,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access your inbox at the moment,

I've sent you a private message so I can get a few more details from you to help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's great thank you 🙂

Can you please confirm the email address you're having the issue with?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos