cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted can't send emails

sheran1961
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm suddenly unable to send emails, and this error message has popped up.

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject ''
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421 csmtp3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.
Server: 'smtp.virgin.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I've checked my IP on MXtoolbox and it's only blacklisted with SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN which Virgin has said is normal and shouldn't cause any problems with sending emails.

When I go to the abuse desk page there is nowhere to request my IP being delisted or anywhere else to ask for help. 

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

Jonno1
Settling in

I have this the same problem too!

Two weeks ago I stopped receiving emails while on holiday. I was worried that my account had been hacked. On returning home I contacted Virgin who changed my password for me. I could then receive emails but instead I could no longer send them as I get the same 'Error 421' message.

Many frustrating conversations and changes of password later I can send emails but only from my browser. I cannot use Windows Live Mail or my iPhone because of the blacklisting. Staff at Virgin are charming and want to help but this is clearly beyond their remit.

It's making life difficult for me and I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I am also having the problem with outgoing e-mails for which I am getting the blacklist message.

I'm using Windows Live Mail 2012 and the message is:

Subject 'hello'
Server Response: 421 csmtp1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP [deleted]  is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.
Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk'

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

I got my email fixed thanks to forum team but since then I've not been able to get my MacBook outlook to sync.  I can access emails on my phone (not an iPhone).  The sync option on outlook is greyed out.  Not sure if these are connected issues

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Robin2c4,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you are having issues, our team are looking into this and I will need a few more bits of info from you so we can further assist you.

I will pop you over a private message and we can go from there, just keep your eyes open for a purple envelope 🙂

Zoie

I am also getting the Error 421

421 csmtp1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP [deleted] is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.

Where do I go to report this problem for a resolution ?

@kwano888 wrote:
I am also getting the Error 421

421 csmtp1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP [deleted] is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.

Where do I go to report this problem for a resolution ?

A member of the forum team will get to this thread in due course (can take a day or so) and offer to get in touch to resolve it.

You do, however, make an excellent point - it would seem that VM have put a system in place, but neglected to tell anyone how to make use of it! Why am I reminded of the case of the Council Planning Office in 'The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy'?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kwano888

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your IP address being blacklisted, I am sorry to hear this has happened.

I would like to get this sorted out for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi there

I have just started having the same issue

Subject 'test'
Server Response: 421 csmtp1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IIP-deleted. is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.
Server: 'smtp.blueyonder.co.uk'

Would appreciate this sorted as soon as possible

Thanks

LindaSell
Joining in

I started getting this message yesterday, I have scanned with F-Secure and found no malware, can you please help me get unblocked.

Hi @LindaSell thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you cannot send any emails.  Can you please clarify if this is impacting you on both webmail and a 3rd party client?  Or 3rd party client only?

Regards

Lee_R