cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted can't send emails

sheran1961
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm suddenly unable to send emails, and this error message has popped up.

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject ''
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421 csmtp3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.
Server: 'smtp.virgin.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I've checked my IP on MXtoolbox and it's only blacklisted with SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN which Virgin has said is normal and shouldn't cause any problems with sending emails.

When I go to the abuse desk page there is nowhere to request my IP being delisted or anywhere else to ask for help. 

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think Virgin Media has created their own blacklist to protect their outbound servers.

The Forum Team should be able to assist here, but it can take them a while to get to the thread.

However I would point out that your server settings are out of date as well.  Not to mention you are using software that has not received any security updates since 2016.

Consider changing your email client.  There are many out there, but Thunderbird remains free and easy to set up.  Primarily because Virgin Media have set up autoconfig information for you.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sheran1961, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with sending emails. 

So we can look further into it - I will get in touch via PM to confirm a few details & raise it with the relevant teams for investigation. Just look out for my PM  (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi Tom - I have the same problem - can you help me too, please?

BernardHughes_0-1627288559385.png

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BernardHughes, sorry to hear you've had the same problem. 

Of course I can get this raised for you as well. Just look out for my Private Message please.

Tm

sqog
Joining in

Im suddenly getting the same error. Can I be added to the fix list please

email error.JPG

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sqog, apologies about this. I'm still waiting for an update on how we can get this sorted for those impacted, there has been some confusion unfortunately but I'm doing all I can from here to find a solution. Please get back to me via PM and I'll continue to chase this up for you all.

Tom 

Hi there 

I'm also having the same issue - can you add me to those you're helping please?

Thanks for your post EVYB, and I'm sorry to see you've been effected by this also

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Eponemuss
Tuning in

Hi,

I have the same problem. Please could you add me to the fix list. 

Thank you.