cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a email address that bounces

pph66
Joining in

Hi

I keep getting an email address bounce back either if new or a reply. Looking through messages the error 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) cnxQpWpSTPjoOcnxRp9gFA which I believe means its on one of your block lists  which it shouldn't be.

How can I get the address taken off any block list so I can send to the domain address is @fedcapemployment.org should be able to send to send to anyone there.

PS thats should be for virginmedia.com and ntlworld.com emails

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

Emails with web links either visible in the body text or concealed under images can trigger this behaviour.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue seems to have resolved itself. Are you seeing same now?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

This doesn't apply in the case as its usually me emailing them with a just text email. 

P

HI

This issue has been on going since August of 22, originally thought it was there end but its virginmedia side and certainly hasn't sorted itself out.

P

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pph66 wrote:

the error 552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

As @Client62 has intimated, that VM603 error normally arises because the Virgin Media outgoing spam filters have flagged the contents of the email you are trying to send as spam. That suggests there is something triggering VM's spam filter, such as a suspicious URL perhaps in the  email signature,

• either in your email,
  • or possibly in the original email included with your reply email.

Rather bizarrely  it seems quite common for VM's incoming spam filters to find no problem with the contents of an incoming email but when you reply to that email VM's  outgoing filters then flag it as spam.

Out of interest I have just checked the domain fedcapemployment.org  (and also the IP address of their email server) to see if they are  listed on any blocklists. I checked  here https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx  (use the drop-down list to change from "MX lookup" to"Blacklist check" ) and here http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results/  and they do not come up on any of the many blocklists they check against.

Of course it is possible that VM has their own blocklist they use in conjunction with the many recognised ones. However,  the VM603 error (or SMTP602 depending on whether you are using the VM webmail service or an email client to send the email) seem linked to the content of the message not its intended recipient.

One of the VM Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be contacting you via this thread today or tomorrow. They are best placed to help you further if necessary.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pph66 wrote:

This issue has been on going since August of 22, originally thought it was there end but its virginmedia side and certainly hasn't sorted itself out.

Sorry to read that but given I was able to send an email successfully to fedcapemployment.org and/or with same domain referenced in the message body its inclusion is not the cause of the Spam Content Found warning AFAICS. Whatever the cause is the unique reference ID shown in the warning should be sufficient to trace the cause when the forum team investigate.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@用心棒 

You beat me to it (again) LOL.

At 14.04 I sent a test email to hello@fedcapemployment.org from my Ntlworld email address (via webmail) and I can confirm that I have not received  any errors back.

So whatever is causing the error @pph66 is getting  it does not seem to be because VM have an issue with the recipient domain.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As Mr burns would say, intresting.

I sent a blank email to hello@Fedcap... from my virginmedia and ntlworld accounts no bounce back. Then sent blank emails from both accounts to the person at fedcap no bounce back which was not the case the last time I tired. Then send a reply email from both accounts bounce back, so as you say there must something in there email signature triggering the bounce back just need to learn what and get virgin to ignore that.

In the blank emails I've asked them to reply with as little as poss thats of course if they got them.

Will let you know more when I have it.

Hello pph66,

Sorry you have had to raise the email issue with us on the Community.

It is great to have you join us.

Sounds like you have found out the reason with the signature being recognised as spam.

Have you got any further with your investigation since your last post?

Gareth_L