cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete secondary email address

BillAlston
Tuning in

I’ve searched on here and none of the suggested options on here are available in either my email account or my wife’s who is the account holder. Suggestions like go to “your Profile” etc don’t even appear. Does anyone on here know how to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks BillAlston, if your wife registers and posts here we'll be able to request the closure/deletion of the email addresses for her.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillAlston  Some of the menu options were changed last year but older posts and some help files still refer to My Profile.

The correct route now is:

Log into your primary VM account and select Account Settings> Account details> scroll down to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts and click on delete next to the account concerned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve done that four or five times now, there isn’t “Manage other My Virgin Media accounts” anywhere on that page.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case the email addresses concerned are likely to be 'orphaned' i.e. not attached to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to get them fully deleted for you.  They will respond here when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Evening @BillAlston, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced with the administration of the secondary E-Mail account.

As you have advised that your wife is the account holder, we would need to speak to her directly, before we could make any alternations to any E-Mail accounts, connected to the Virgin Media service.

If she's able to create a post, we'll be sure to pick this up to assist further.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Both email addresses still work. And even if I log in with my wife’s details the options mentioned still don’t appear.

I could easily create a post in my wife’s name and you wouldn’t know any different. So how does that work?! She’s often reluctant to phone Virginmedia as they are generally pretty unhelpful. 
Virginmedia are extremely poor it seems in dealing with stuff like email accounts.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply, BillAlston.

We appreciate your concerns however this email query is an account holder only action, your wife will need to post on our forums with this (after she creates her own account here using her own details) and once we've cleared the security on the account we'll be able to action the changes you want.

Please, view more on our GDPR process here.

I'm sorry to see how you and your wife feel about our customer support by the way, can you advise if you've tried to reach out about this email issue and what the team has advised on this, if so?

Have you previously contacted us about this matter but we failed to offer help or something else that has caused your dissatisfaction?

Your feedback is always valuable to us, let us know more and we're eager to best support you with your enquiries.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BillAlston
Tuning in

I’ll see if I can get her to sign up here with her own account. We tried and failed before to get a hacked virgin.net email address deleted but the guy on the phone couldn’t even see it and didn’t have a clue how to delete it. I suspect it’s still active although I no longer access it. The ironic thing is Virgin sent me several emails over the past 20 years saying .net accounts would be deleted but they never did. I’m one of hundreds, perhaps thousands of customers with hacked .net addresses Virgin seemingly can’t delete. 

Thanks BillAlston, if your wife registers and posts here we'll be able to request the closure/deletion of the email addresses for her.

Rob