cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Ntlworld password

craibh
On our wavelength

I am being driven mad by Virgin.I have been an email customer for 20+years and I find that they are increasingly making it difficult to want to remain one.

I want to update my password on one of my Ntlworld accounts.You used to go to Virginmedia login, login and then click accounts or profile and you were shown  a list of your accounts.You clicked on "change" opposite the name of the account whose password you wanted to change,and completed the process.

I am now offered the My Virgin Media site, I log in but I cannot find any reference to profile and clicking on accounts just takes you to your main account.None of the other offerings seem to take you to your email accounts.

How do I change my Ntlworld email passwords - or is this a message that  Virgin's does not want email business?

Craibh

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address has its own 'My Virgin Media account'.  So go to My Virgin Media and sign in with the ntlworld email address that you want to change the password for.  Click on Update Settings > Account Details > scroll down to password and select Edit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pjh
Dialled in

If your current password is still working for that email account, before attempting to change it you should login using the *existing* password in the manner suggested by Graham_A and make sure the profile for the secondary account includes a value for date of birth and a value for the response to the security question. These are the security tests you need to pass to change the password, and if they are not set up you can’t change the password.

craibh
On our wavelength

Many thanks.Why a system which worked perfectly for many years had to be changed without proper notice defeats me.

Craibh

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello craibh, thanks for posting on our help forum.

We're sorry to see of the issues you've experienced with your online username and email account & password.
Glad to see you've had some useful responses from our forum users.
Has the advice from our insightful forum members above helped resolve your query and issues or do you need our help with that?

Let us know and we're happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

craibh
On our wavelength

Thanks for the response.The help given above did enable me to change the password that I wanted to change then.However, yesterday I found that two of my devices- all of which have Nortion protection or is an iphone- could no longer receive or send emails on my main account.As a  result I went into the Virgin website fro that account as suggested above and changed that account's password.

I have just received an email  from Virgin security telling me that :_

"

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure.

After resetting your password, your mailbox will automatically be unlocked after 15 minutes."

However that account has several email addresses in it so I have no idea which account Virgin are referring to .Do I have to change the passwords on all of them?In addition because Virgin have removed my 20+ year ability to change passwords for all the accounts on the one website visit I have to go to each separate address to change the password.How do I find out which account Virgin are referrring to?

Thanks you.

Craibh

Apart from the logical disconnect associated with sending an email to an account that is locked and hence you should be unable to access….I think the email account that receives the warning email is the one with the “issue”. I suspect the “one or more” wording is a hangover from the days when the primary account holder managed the passwords of secondary accounts.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pjh wrote:

Apart from the logical disconnect associated with sending an email to an account that is locked and hence you should be unable to access….I think the email account that receives the warning email is the one with the “issue”. I suspect the “one or more” wording is a hangover from the days when the primary account holder managed the passwords of secondary accounts.

Not necessarily, as I understand it the warning email is sent to the contact email address set for the account.  This does not have to be the same as the account email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this @craibh

The email would be sent to the email address registered for your account. We would advise running an antivirus check on all devices that had access to the email mailbox. We would also advise changing your password to one never used before. Please let us know if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs