cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked redundant email address

Cycas3
Joining in

Please help ! An old virginmedia email address has been hacked . The hacker seems to have got the email address and password from an old defunct Twitter account . He or she has sent me a ransom email demanding payment of 500USD in bitcoin .The virginmedia account is defunct since 2017 and I can’t change the password . The hacker has tried to use the email address to hack in to a FB account and seems to be using the hacked account to send scam emails to other people . I really need the email account shut down urgently since I no longer use it . Please help ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Cycas3

It's really disappointing to hear of the old email account being compromised, we're eager to help with this as quickly as possible. Thanks for raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to get this resolved.

Thanks

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Cycas3

It's really disappointing to hear of the old email account being compromised, we're eager to help with this as quickly as possible. Thanks for raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to get this resolved.

Thanks

Rob