cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HACKED and unable to change password!

M52
Joining in

I closed my account with Virgin Media around 12 months ago. I was told that my email account would be deleted after 90 days but it is still active. I didn’t delete the account from my phone and I continue to receive emails, I can also send emails but I don’t. 
This email account has now been hacked, but because I am no longer a Virgin Media customer I cannot log in to web mail to change my password. I have had threatening emails sent to me demanding money, accounts trying to be opened using this email address and attempts to change passwords for services I had totally forgotten about. 
I have contacted customer services several times, the last time on Jan 16th, when I was told that a job had been raised to delete the account and it would happen within 7 days, but the account is still active and I received another threatening email yesterday. 
My email account needs to be deleted URGENTLY, by not deleting my account but not giving me access to it you have left my personal data vulnerable which is a data protection breach!

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @M52

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs