Menu
Merito
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Forgotten secondary blueyonder account

Many years account, when first started with blueyonder, before virgin takeover, you were able to have 15 email addresses that were managed over five groups of three based on a service account number email addresses (Eg name1@blueyonder.co.uk, name2@..., name3@... held by AC123456_2@blueyonder.co.uk).

Later, probably when blueyonder was taken over, the account number based email address changed to access for all three associated addresses held under the first email name (eg name1@blueyonder.co.uk now was the title for name2@ and name3 as well as name1. And, at the same time, you could see each of the addresses when you logged into the account online. However, now it doesn't show all the email names that are based under each of the lead addresses.

So, at the beginning, I set up multiple email addresses to respond to different online experiences (shopping@, travel@ etc) as well as personal email addresses. 

Now I forgot about many email addresses and concentrated on a few. 

However, this has come back and bit me. I tried to access a service online that I set up years ago but couldn't remember the log in password. The service sent an email to one of my blueyonder addresses, based on username entry - the address gave me the first and last letter of the email, but this I do not recognise (eg t****e@blueyonder.co.uk).

It's been many changes of PCs and I can't remember the original blueyonder account number not all of the five main log in names.

I use MS Outlook 2019, POP3, to access the emails

Is there a way of finding out what, potentially, were the 15 original blueyonder email addresses or account number using virgin log on?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forgotten secondary blueyonder account

if email addresses are not accessed for 90 ot 120 days the email addresses get deleted. so if you haven't been logging onto them they will have long been deleted.

Also are they still attached to your current VM account. Or were they on a old account if so they will also have been deleted 90 days after leaving
Merito
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forgotten secondary blueyonder account

As far as I'm aware they all were transferred over from Telewest (who first took over Blueyonder) when Virgin took the email addresses.  For sometime afterwards I could see each of the 15 blueyonder email addresses I had.  This disappeared at some Virgin update time.  On MS Outlook I have five separate linked blueyonder accounts for what I seem to remember are the key email details that do pick up the three email address for each.  It seems that requesting these from Virgin, through outlook may have kept them open, i just checked one that I have not used for a long time and it receives. 

May be that I don't have the right five selected (duplicated one) and thus not picking them all up.  

Thanks for your help - not that important as I'll re-register with the log on I needed and forget about others as never going to use them again.

0 Kudos